Ways to Grow Your YouTube Channel
Many in the evolving world of digital marketing now consider YouTube to be the number one platform affecting consumer behavior, overtaking Facebook last year. If you’re not leveraging YouTube in your marketing strategy, you may be missing out on significant opportunities. In this blog, we’ll provide tips on creating and growing a YouTube channel for your medical practice.
As many of you know, YouTube is a video-based platform. Some things you may not know about the site: it is the second most visited website globally, it is the second-largest search engine on the Web, it has almost two billion active users, and around 500 hours of content are uploaded to the platform every minute.
These facts speak for themselves, and they beg the question – how could you not consider YouTube as a significant part of your marketing strategy? YouTube is an excellent way to introduce your brand and medical practice to new viewers, build engagement and credibility with your audience and send traffic to your website.
Here’s a simple checklist to get your YouTube Channel launched.
- Fill out your YouTube profile
- Secure a name for your channel
- Research your audience
- Research your competition
- Learn and take inspiration from your favorite channels
- Create your strategy with a content calendar and publishing schedule
- Publish your first video
So, you’ve created your medical practice’s very own YouTube channel, started attracting your desired audience and provided them unique content to enhance your brand and digital presence. Now what? It’s time to take it to the next level. Here is an extensive list of tips and creative ideas to boost the growth of your channel.
- Find “untapped” video keywords – first creating a seed list of words and then a list of low-competition keywords.
- Make compelling yet clear and descriptive titles for your engaging and informational content with an improved list of keywords.
- Create unique and eye-catching thumbnails for your video posts to get users to your compelling content. An effective thumbnail will get a user to click right away.
- Optimize your videos for “watch time.” Although it can be effective to create short, engaging videos, the ranking of your videos by YouTube considers the watch time metric. Longer videos tend to outrank shorter ones. One way to make this successful is to cut out fluff from your intro and interject “pattern interrupts.”
- Write SEO-friendly video descriptions and tags, titles that maximize keywords and click-through rate, and create optimized playlists of your content.
- Cross-promote your videos to your audience on your other social media platforms and websites.
- Create partnerships with brands or other YouTubers that have a similar audience.
- Try live streaming videos, which are becoming ever more popular viewing experiences.
In review, the argument to create a YouTube channel for your medical practice is becoming increasingly one-sided, as video marketing on one of the most popular platforms on the Internet provides immense potential. When starting up your channel, you can focus on simplicity. Still, as you continue to grow your brand and community, there are plenty of tactics to significantly increase your channel’s popularity.
If the idea of creating a YouTube channel interests you and you need help getting started, Fortris is here!